Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday snaps

Advent Season is upon us, and today I read a very fitting Scripture verse that goes along with the "Candle of Preparation":
"A voice of one calling in the desert,
'Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.
Every valley shall be filled in,
every mountain and hill made low.
The crooked roads shall become straight,
the rough ways smooth.
And all mankind will see God's salvation.'"
Luke 3:4-6

This morning I decided to try driving my car once again.  The first time I drove it I wasn't used to the clutch and it popped really strange for me (although it has been a few years since I drove a stick shift) so I haven't driven it, except for practicing up and down my driveway.  :)  I was running late for church though, due to jet lag - I slept in, so I decided to drive rather than ride my bicycle, since it was a good 20 minute bike ride away.
Arriving at the church where I served previously, I was bombarded with hugs from many children, and warm handshakes from the adults.  I didn't want to teach the children, but I did attend class with their current leaders.  There were about 130 kids in the tiny classroom - which is normally split into two groups - preschool through age 6, and then ages 7-12, but they all wanted to be with Auntie Karen.  I did share a short Bible story with them though and encouraged the leaders to keep up the good work.
Some of you may remember this picture, but when I was in the Pamba church last time, this little girl name Teddy always wanted me to hold her when I was teaching.  She was maybe 3 at the time.  Well, today she was in church (and apparently hasn't been for almost a year because she was in the village with her family), but she spotted me after the service and held my hand for the next 10 minutes while I greeted many others. 

Teddy was so precious today - my heart melted immediately

 On a very side note, I went to a different church tonight and saw this sign at the side of the parking lot... although it was pouring rain and I accidently read it with and "R" instead of an "L".  ")  Free Fornication sure had me wondering what that church was selling.  Ha Ha.
And here is my cat "Mustard" - much nicer looking than Pal.

1 comment:

  1. see, i read the sign as "flea fornication" - so i thought it was a sign at a botanical garden or something, showing you where fleas reproduced!!
    seriously!
    i think i read "flea" because i work with patients who actually get them from their cats, or have bedbugs, or cockcroaches and rats in their rooms... :-)

    sounds like you are adjusting well!

    ReplyDelete