Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, October 31, 2011

The End is Near

"Riding in God's Palm" has been incredible and I wouldn't want to have it any other way.  Lately I've been in shock at how the Lord is timing everything in my life.  Looking back, I can truly see that God is preparing the way for a departure in one month's time.  Uganda will be reached by December and I'm BEYOND EXCITED! 
  • Churches are responding to my requests for sponsorship
  • Friends and family are filling in their support cards as well!!
  • Surgery happened three weeks after seeing the ENT - and that's pretty rare in Ontario now days.  I have a follow-up appointment on November 9th to make sure that all is well in my throat.
  • Banking has been updated and in International drivers license is ready for purchase.
Last Monday I received an email from a Christian Reformed Church, stating that they wanted to support me, and they were wondering if I had time to come and speak.  Well, I only had one Sunday open - and that was yesterday - just 6 days after sharing their desire to support me.  Together the worship committee and myself made a plan for me to come and do a ten minute presentation, and the beautiful part was realizing that the whole service was planned to be missions-minded before anyone even knew I was coming. 
I drove out to the beautiful church and met an incredible congregation.  These people were so friendly, giving, encouraging, and enthusiastic.  I felt very welcome and completely valued by a group of strangers.  It is my prayer that these strangers will become friends - people with whom I can share my stories, and know that they will pray for me and love me in ways that only God now knows.  I will be praying for this church, and for all the churches and individuals who are helping me to get to Uganda.
I have a feeling that a lot of my newsletters, blog posts, and emails lately have been about fundraising and departure details, but I don't know what else to talk about - it is pretty much all consuming.  I can't believe I might only be in North America for another 4.5 weeks.... I hope to buy a plane ticket by the end of the week. 
"Team Beyond" - my team in Uganda has been chatting with me more lately as well.  Houses are being looked into, a Subaru Forester was purchased for my use, a recipe book is being made, ministries are waiting, Christmas plans are in the works, and packing tips are sent via email. 
Hopefully I will get everything done that I need to do soon... it's kind of shocking how much stuff needs to be worked out before I go, even though I have been planning this for so long.
AAhhh, I want to keep on Riding with GOD!

Week 6: Our Spiritual Future
Day 1: October 31

Read: Ephesians 5:18-20
"Be very careful, then how you live- not as wise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.  Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.  Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery.  Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit.  Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Today we pray for:
We pray for a Spiritual Renewal by the Holy Spirit in Bethel

No comments:

Post a Comment