Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, October 2, 2011

Barn Dancing

Cowboy hats and blue jeans were adorning the folks at a country barn dance I attended last night.  Country music is not really something I care for, but hanging out with friends and meeting new people in my community always is!  An 80 year old barn, in perfect condition, was decorated with Christmas lights and bales of hay were set out for seating.  An unexpected surprise was watching this handsome young man stroll across the dance floor and come up to me with a question in his eyes.  :)  No, he didn't ask me for a dance... he wanted to know if I was Karen.  When I looked closer at him, I recognized one of my baby brother's friends from elementary school.  Who knew our paths would ever cross at a barn in the country.  Fun times.

This morning at church our Pastor preached from Romans 12 and 13.  I don't know if he is preaching according to the 40 day prayer schedule but the sermon definitely fit in with the reading for today.  We must love others, and in lieu of this week's upcoming provincial election we must respect and honour our government leaders. 

Week 1. We Pray for our Community
Day 7: October 2

Read: Romans 12:9
"Love must be sincere.  Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.  Be devoted to one another in love.  Honor one another above yourselves."

Today we pray for:
Bethel's future involvement in our community.  There are so many ways to be involved - pray for the businesses that surround the church.  Visit our neighbours.  Bring your kids to the mall to play and chat with the parents / caregivers who are there.  Show patience in long line-ups at the grocery store.  Donate food to the food bank.  Write a letter to the lonely, and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment