Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tomato Wars

After a long ten hour shift I was so glad when my dear friend offered to make me dinner.  Within 20 minutes of leaving work I was sitting down to a delicious dinner of chili and great conversation.  Spontaneously deciding that Kawartha ice-cream would be the ultimate finish to dinner, we drove back in to Schomberg and found the tiny little ice-cream parlor tucked in between Subway and the local gas pumps.  Chocolate chip cookie dough overflowed from the waffle cone as I sat down at the picnic table to enjoy the fellowship and the outdoor music.  With full bellies, we needed a little exercise, so we drove over to my house and played badminton in the back yard. 
Back and forth the birdies flew for about a half an hour, while the sweat began to gather on our bodies.  Getting a bit carried away, four of the birdies joined the realms of my neighbour's yard.  When the fourth birdie flew the coop we had to stop the plays and wait for the neighbour to fly those birdies back over the fence.  My silly friend decided to shoot birdies back at the neighbour before he was finished sending all four back to us and before I knew it, an all out pelting war began.  First with birdies and then the cherry tomatoes.  The neighbour stood from his upper deck while we batted the tomatoes back with our badminton rackets.  Tomato juice squirted every where and laughed rang through the backyards. 
Just a simple fun night in the midst of my life that's been put on pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment