Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, July 8, 2011

Fields of Mustard

Part of me wishes I had fixed the air-conditioning in my car because I had a long journey to make in the past 24 hours.  I drove to Stratford after work to visit a dear man in the hospital and so I had lots of time to think and pray.  Mennonite buggies kicked up dust on the side of the road and the crops were taking on a nice golden tone as the sun was setting.  Passing by a few fields of yellow mustard, I was reminded of this verse:

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."  (Matthew 17:20)

I'm really praying to have that kind of faith and trust now days.  Everything big is small in God's eyes. 

After visiting at the hospital I hung out with my dear cousin Angela overnight and then went to visit all of my niece and nephews in the morning before stopping by the International Teams missions office.  It was great to have lunch with the staff who are working behind the scenes so diligently, helping me get to Uganda.  One of them even loaded up my car with garage sale items... I hope to bring in a few bucks for Uganda on July 23rd.  :)  Now it's back to work... wow, a fast 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment