Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, July 10, 2011

Creation and Belief

Slipping in to the pew near the front of the church, I was peaceful again... worshipping God with His people.  I enjoyed watching my brother Richard lead worship, but it was also so cool to watch Grandpa's face light up when we sang the old hymns.  "Trust and Obey" was sung from the bottom of his heart.
That song was a fitting follow-up to the sermon... which was about living in Complaint or Trust when walking through the land between.  As a church we are reading the book, "The Land Between" by Jeff Manion, so the sermon series was kicked off today with an indepth look at the Israelites in the desert.  There are times in all of our lives when we are in a land between - where we struggle - with loss, failure, suffering and pain, or searching in a time of unknowns.  And God gives us Manna, Manna, Manna.... translation "what is it?" 
The same question crosses my mind: "What is it right now that God is trying to teach me?"
"What is it that God really wants me to do before moving to Uganda in the fall?"
"What is it that I can say to comfort my family during times of stress and health concern?"
"What is it?"
Answer: "I don't know!" BUT, I do BELIEVE that God will direct my paths and provide for all of my needs.  I will continue to worship God, not only in church, but also when spending time in creation.

This video was shown during the service this morning.... very touching.  To God be the Glory!
P.S. Manna is described in Numbers 11:7-8 as this: "The manna was like coriander seed and looked like resin.  The people went around gathering it and then ground it in a handmill or crushed it in a mortar.  They cooked it in a pot or made it into cakes.  And it tasted like something made with olive oil."

No comments:

Post a Comment