Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, June 24, 2011

12... 16... 21

This week I've attended two elementary school graduations and was honored to be at both.  Christian education is a huge blessing and it is incredible to witness young people giving testimony to God before they head on to bigger adventures.
12... 16... 21... those are the number of years ago that I graduated from school.  It's hard to believe that 21 years ago I was valedictorian at tiny Lucknow District Christian School.  Five of us graduated from eighth grade and moved on into the big world of high school. 
I absolutely loved high school at F.E. Madill.  It was a huge school, with 1100+ students, and it was there that I found amazing friends and my faith really began to take shape.  I joined a RAD youth group, went on my first missions trip, and started making friends for life.  It was kind of neat that our graduation happened on Thanksgiving weekend.  We all traveled home from our first semester in college to receive our diplomas.
College grad, 12 years ago, was probably my most meaningful celebration though.  Again, I was class speaker and it was an incredible honor to share on behalf of my amazing classmates.  I can still remember the heart-felt hug I received from the college president as I walked across the stage.... I never would have imagined being where I am today after walking that stage in Michigan in 1999.  My years at Reformed Bible College (now - Kuyper College) were finished.
.... FYI, I was almost late for graduation because my college roomie had just bought a new car and the temporary license plate had fallen out of sight in the back window.  I remember sitting on the side of the road, practising my speech while my roomie sat in a cop's cruiser trying to get the whole affair untangled.  :)  We made it just in time to line up for the grand entrance.  Ah, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment