Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"I do Believe in Miracles"

This evening I was reminding myself that "I do believe in miracles, I do!  I do!"  I am trusting God to guide my path and open financial doors for me to go to Uganda.  I asked Dad who originally said that line and he thought Dorothy was asking the wizard in the Wizard of Oz.  An interesting discussion came up on Facebook - as people guessed from Miracle on 34th Street, Annie, Peter Pan, Sister Act and Oz.  Until I see the scene, I won't know who to believe.

In trying to find the clue online though, I have found a few good quotes though that I would like to take to heart:

"Don't believe in miracles - depend on them." - Laurence J. Peter

"How quickly we forget God's great deliverances in our lives. How easily we take for granted the miracles he performed in our past." - David Wilkerson

"I am not embarrassed to tell you that I believe in miracles." - Corazon Aquino

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see." - C. S. Lewis

"We must not sit still and look for miracles; up and doing, and the Lord will be with thee. Prayer and pains, through faith in Christ Jesus, will do anything." - George Eliot

"We must remember that Satan has his miracles, too." - John Calvin (Hmm, that's an interesting one to think about!!)

I do believe in miracles. I have seen God work in my life through amazing ways - whether it's providing a tube of toothpaste when I didn't even have two pennies to rub together - or new tires for my car - or gas that remained in the tank like oil in the widow's jar - or a letter in the mail - or a sunny day. 

How have you seen the miracles of God around you?












No comments:

Post a Comment