Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pillow Talk

"Wakey, wakey Aunt Karen!  Can't you see that it's becoming light outside?  Please, wake up, I want to snuggle and talk with you."
How could I resist saying "no" to my niece?  I rolled over and checked the clock.  7:10 am on a super cloudy, rainy day.  Kylee jumped up into the bed in the spare room and chatted with me about school, Disneyworld, planes, and alligators.  A half hour later we headed upstairs for breakfast before Jaxsen (her brother) and Kylee left for school.
It has been a blessing to visit my brother Dennis and Alysha for the night!!  I HAD to visit since I was in the area.  Yesterday I was in Elmira meeting with my International Teams Canadian family.  I walked into the office with a very pink suitcase full of books and photo albums to share with the IT staff.  I spend the whole day in meetings - with financial expense and receipting, member care, donor services, and shared lunch with anyone who was in the office that day.  After lunch I was able to share about the volunteer work I hope to do in Soroti, Uganda, and the team prayed with me.  Once again, I feel like I am on the right track to being prepared for the long-term mission field. 
But for this moment, I shall make my bed, collect "Bones" (my bear) from Kylee's bed, and head for home.  A grey day for a drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment