Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spoiled Rotten - with love!

Daintily and carefully touching the keyboard of my laptop, I want to share my peaceful week with you.  I have just been treated with a manicure at a nail salon in Indianapolis with my dear sister Karen Chaulk.  Arriving on Wednesday night I've had the privilege of fellowshipping with this truly Godly couple - Bill and Karen.  I met the Chaulks when I was in high school - their son Devin was one of my best buds.  For two years, I spent hours jamming in their basement studio or sharing God stories in their living room. 
Three months ago, when I found out that I had a BodyBuilders Bootcamp in Carmel, Indiana, I called them up and asked if I could come for a visit.  I can still hear Karen screaming with delight that "Karen Lubbers is coming to town!!"
Thursday and Friday I attended bootcamp, from 8am til 6pm - discussing Biblical fundraising.  What a joy it was to search the Scriptures and see how God has blessed His people over the years.  The Levites, Paul, Elijah, Jesus and the disciples, Proverbs... all had great stories that I have taken to heart.  I am so pumped to invite others on to my team... to help transform lives of the oppressed in Uganda.  The Lord provides in marvelous ways.
Last night the Chaulks and I watched "The Inn of Sixth Happiness" - an old Ingrid Bergman film that tells the story of a British lady, Gladys Aylward, who gave up everything to be a missionary in China.  I may have to add her to my list of missionary models... and I highly recommend watching the old movie.
Well, I must draw this story to a close because I am about to meet up with some brothers on the back of a Harley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment