Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, March 28, 2011

Bacon with Buds

  • Crockpot lasagna and pumpkin pie with corn syrup on top (a Lubbers family tradition), coupling with laughter and stories from both old and new friends.  
  • Crispy Bacon, hot peppers and a special sauce dripping down my chin, scrumptiously absorbing a hot sub at Bell's Pizza. 
  • Sipping hot tea and taking miniature bites of a specialty light chocolate filled with maple sugar and blueberries.
  • Sitting at the head of the table, sharing eggs and ham on toast while catching up on friends of my parents who have been around since the day I was born.
Reflecting back on my weekend, there seems to be a lot of fellowship happening around delicious food, but I am even more grateful for the love of friends.  Saturday afternoon found me driving to Listowel, ON to catch up with the Slotegraaf family.  Sarah (Slotegraaf) and Josiah Bokma were home for the weekend, after returning from Uganda on Monday.  It was super encouraging to hear what God is doing in Soroti, Uganda.  We hung out for the evening and close to midnight I found my way to the basement to tuck in to my bed on the floor there, surrounded by "aromatic" hockey equipment drying out after two guys played that night.

Waking up early, I mentally prepared for speaking at Maitland River Community Church.  Attending church in Wingham was so good.  My morning was filled with catching up with old and new friends, sharing my stories from Uganda, sitting with my dear friend Michelle and her family, talking to the Sunday school class where my niece and nephew attend, and being prayed over by a church who is willing to partner with me!!

My heart is overflowing with the love I experienced this weekend.  I thank God for such good friends in my life!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about that hockey equipment! yuck...
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete