Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, February 13, 2011

Reflections of the Sun

Crossing the border back into Canada, my mind was racing as fast as my car, trying to remember all that has happened in the past three weeks.  This orange ball was floating in the sky behind my car, as I travelled east to Toronto.  Trooper music was coming through the system,
"We're here for a good time
Not a long time
So have a good time
The sun can't shine everyday"

But the sun was definitely shining on this day... the orange caught in my driver's side and rearview mirrors, blinding me briefly until the sun sunk a little lower and told stories of pinks and purples on the clouds.  Watching the sunset behind me I continued on in my journey.  Car lights were slowly being turned on as darkness deepened.  For the first part of my post-border escapade, there were not many cars - as it was a rural area, but when I started getting towards London, Kitchener, and Toronto - three lanes of traffic filled up with head lights.  Large lamps directing the roads and city lights cheering up the skies.

All I could think about was how Jesus is the Son of God, and how God's Word is a Light unto my path.  During the past few weeks of Missions Training I felt like I was alive during that intense moment of a sunset.  God is real!  His work and Word inspiring!  And being surrounded by saints who also follow the Son was a glorious time.   Slowly I leave the tight fellowship of complete communion and feel alone.  Soon I remember the few friends who journey with me - through prayer and encouragment, serving the Son wherever they are.  Snapping out of the darker moments, I recognize that there are many believers who are zooming through life - trying to let their little lights shine for Jesus.  Just like the street lamps, there are those faithful candles who stand beside me - firmly planted in the Rock, gently encouraging me to move forward.  Even the flashing lights of the airplanes caused my hairs to rise as I thought of the angels also reflecting the love and light of Christ.  They are fighting battles around me when I'm not even looking - just paying attention to my our journey.  Signs in the cities were more frequent, reminding me too that it is easier to follow God and His ways when I stay focused on HIM. 

No matter how dark the road may be sometimes, I will carry the Light of Jesus with me and someday (soon I pray) arrive safely home! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen - it's been great reading through your experiences of training at ITUS. Sounds like you have really made the most of your time there - learning and connecting with other missionaries. We will have to plan a day sometime soon for you to come to Elmira to re-connect with the staff here.

    ReplyDelete