Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chicago Highlights

Four days after the huge snow storm, cars are still blocked in on the side streets.  Searching for a vacant parking spot, I slowly drive down a narrow one-way street in Chicago.  Finding a spot that has been shovelled just enough to pull a vehicle out of, I manoeuvre my car into that spot.  Proud of my left hand parallel parking job, I bundle up and find some old friends that recently moved into a new condo.  I didn't have an apartment number, or their phone number, but after a quick prayer and a push to a button that had no description, my friend Esther answered the door. 
 I was quickly introduced to her husband Josiah and he offered to take us out for lunch.  Tucked inconspicuously on a street near Lincoln Park was a restaurant called Orange.  What a treat!!  I ordered
Chai Tea French Toast: Baked, chai tea-infused French toast, stuffed with Ricotta cheese, served over a chai tea latte reduction and topped with honey and caramelized apples. 8.99
Finishing our scrumptious meals around 2 pm, we paraded down a few streets until we came to the Lincoln Park Zoo.  A free experience for the day.

This dwarf crocodile got upset when my flash went off.
Africa follows me everywhere!
Reaching for the unreachable
Sheer beauty!
  Zooming over tollways, I arrived back at International Teams in time to fellowship with my fellow trainees before tucking in to bed.  A great day of rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment