Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Surrounded by the Overwhelmed

Last Wednesday I left the comforts of home to cross the US border once again.  I went to my second home, Grand Rapids, MI - where I caught up with my dear cousin Judy and her family, had lunch with my college roomie, and hung out at the CRWM building for a while.  CRWM (Christian Reformed World Missions) is the mission agency from my home church and I am in the process of gaining partnership through them.  It is a very exciting time to go on the mission field with both CRWM and International Teams (IT).

Friday afternoon, I found myself back in the car heading for Chicago to see my cousin Shawna and her family.  The twins are gorgeous, at three months old, but Hannah is still not breathing well... Please pray for her troubled coughing episodes. 

Hannah and Bethany
Saturday I finally reached my destination.  International Teams headquarters in Elgin, Illinois.  28 of us are in training to prepare for the foreign mission field.  It was a strange feeling on Saturday night when we moved in to the dorms... there was a "first day of college" atmosphere about the place as people had arrived from across the US to unpack their bags in the dorms and meet all sorts of new people.  We had a buffet meal and a time of introduction and it was incredible to meet such a diversity of people, heading to 13 different countries, who are all passionate about the same thing - reaching the ends of the earth... (and honestly - fundraising to get there).

Sunday morning I slept in a little before joining the car pool to Willow Creek Community Church.  It was amazing to worship in a building that seats 7000.  After the service we went to the food court that is inside the church building and all bought lunches and got to know eachother better.  In the afternoon we were able to relax, but each dorm (of which I have 4 roomies) was given an envelope of money for groceries - so we planned menus and went grocery shopping at Aldi's. 

After a good night of sleep the trainings began... I'll fill you in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment