Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sabbath Salutations

Elgin, Illinois:
Carrying my yellow back pack up the stairs, to the auditorium classroom at International Teams, I feel the weight of all that needs to be learned. Desperation and delight fills my mind as I realize I have so much I want to accomplish, grasp, and learn before I am able to head to Uganda. For the past week now I have felt like a college student once again. I’ve moved into a dorm setting and have three room-mates. 28 of us are studying missions together and loving every moment of it.
Hosting a birthday party in our apartment

A three week, intensive pre-field course is now occupying my time. Every morning we spend at least two hours hearing stories of how others have seen God move and searching the Scriptures together. We role play games of cross-cultural communication and chat about the do’s and don’ts of living in a foreign country. Finances, practising our stories, understanding the values and mission of International Teams, learning about the needs of the world, and so much more consume my days from 8 am til 5 pm.
In the evenings I fellowship with my floor mates, cook meals with my apartment mates, hang out with another family heading to Soroti with me, and try to get some sleep. I am one week down – two to go. Please pray for my training time as I truly desire to be a valuable servant in Uganda. I am still hoping to leave in April... Lord willing.
Steve and Tanya Tiesenga - I look forward to serving with this wonderful couple

No comments:

Post a Comment