Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, December 18, 2010

"Tis the Season

Tucking in to bed at 2:15 am I knew I had to set the alarm to get all of the day's activities completed.  I just came home from a Christmas/birthday party at a friend's house and was having a hard time falling asleep.  When the alarm chimed at 9am I felt refreshed enough to approach the day. 
Jumping out of bed, I open my bedroom door to see gifts and food baskets spread throughout the recreation room.  I had the privilege of sorting out all the items that my Thursday morning Bible study group collected.  Through NeighbourLink we found out that three needy families really needed help for Christmas.  The ladies had a blast buying presents for 8 children and food for the three single moms to feed these young ones.
As soon as my packages were complete I headed out the door and dropped off the Christmas parcels.  It was very humbling to knock on their doors and shower them with gifts from Christian women who care.

I must admit though, that I was a little bit embarrased when I accidentally dropped off one family's presents to the wrong home, and didn't figure that out til I was 15 minutes away.  I had to go back and exchange the gifts.  Thankfully the mother was very understanding.

From there I went to a dear friend's house to enjoy a delicious, yet filling, brunch with her precious family.  I went to plan a "Coffee That Counts" Coffee House that is being planned for January 7th.  Holly and I are both heading out on the mission field in the next couple of months so we are hosting a fun fundraiser.  Stay tuned for details.

Continuing on my way, the day filled with lots of activities - picking up homework books that finally arrived at Chapters, and stopping by a local real estate business to obtain a support cheque that they blessed me with.  I bought a few Dutch treats for friends for Christmas and then went home to begin yet another paper.

Coming in the door, my brother yells down the stairs, "Hello Miss Inspiration!"
"What?" I ponder.  He goes on to say that my Happy Unwedding friends called to say that my chicken was in the crockpot and they were inviting me over for dinner.  :)  How fun!  So at 5 pm I head out the door again to enjoy the evening with friends and their extended family.

A perfect day, but now I'm ready to crash... to be refreshed for going to God's House in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment