Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Saturday Stroll

Today was a day to take a break from our holiday.  Catherine and I drove through lovely Auckland and came to a Chocolate Boutique around noon.  I ordered an unbelievably thick drink called "Chilli Denso"... it was like drinking hot fudge with a kick that hits about thirty seconds later.
Chilli Denso

 From there we went to the Rose Gardens in Parnell and walked through an aritsans festival.  I finally bought my first few souveniers.  Fun necklaces to remember my time in New Zealand.
Then off to Little Turkish Cafe on Karangahape Road for lunch.  I ate a Lamb Kabob... poor sheepy sheep.  After lunch Catherine left me to explore on K'Road and I strolled the streets and found my own way home on foot.
Symonds Street Cemetary

 The Symonds Street Cemetary is built under a bridge and the surrounding area.  The most intriguing burial grounds I have seen yet.  It almost felt like a park, and most of the dates were in the 1800's.
Walking back to the house, I got a great view of the SkyTower.  A symbol of Auckland.  Otherwise, a relaxing day with the Scott family.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! one day sheep on the camera and the next sheep on a stick.... I just love to eat as well I am sure it was good. Blessings. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that shot of the Sky Tower :)

    ReplyDelete