Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, October 22, 2010

The Tweety Helmet

This morning my brother Richard and I were digging through the boxes of stuff under the stairwell in the basement.  I wanted to find a costume to bring to NZ, since I am invited to a Halloween party there - if I will be awake at the time.  :)
While searching for the costume box Rick found Dad's old broomball bag.  Out came the infamous Tweety helmet.  Dust and old sweat fell from the inside, while loads of memories filled my mind.
Many Saturday nights of my youth were spent at the Blyth arena, watching my Dad play broomball.  While Dad ran on the ice, my brothers, cousins, and I would run around the rink... over and over.  We thought it was fun to chase eachother off the ice while Dad sweated on the ice.
 
During the twenty-five minute car ride, two and from the arena, the five of us would sing loads of old songs:
"The Marvelous Toy", "Cathy's Clown", "Where Have all the Flowers Gone", and more.  I cherish those Saturday nights.  (Mom stayed home to wash the kitchen floor and have some down time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment