Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, October 18, 2010

Sunrise Glory

Frost rests on the rooftops as the sun begins to raise its yellow head over the forested peak in the marsh.  A glowing orange ball amidst a field of fog rises even higher to display pinks and purples that stretch miles further across the sky.  Stubborn streetlights eventually choose to shut off for the day as jet planes zoom through the air, leaving a trail of narrow white lines,that soon become one with the clouds.  Geese gather into a V formation and loudly remind eachother that the flight south must soon begin.

"Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp.
He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain, and makes grass grow on the hills. 
He provides food for the cattle and for the young ravens when they call.
His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man;
The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." 
Psalm 147:7-11

Sleepy sand threatens to hold on in the corner of my eyes, but my heart is glad I took the time to get out of bed early and take in God's glorious creation.  What a great way to start my day!

Last night while I was driving home from work, I slowed down as I approached not only a curve in the distance, but the biggest set of eyes glowing in the middle of the barren sideroad.  Thinking it was a coon, cat, or possibly deer, I drove closer and was surprised to find that it was a very tall Blue Heron resting in the middle of the road.  I almost had to completely stop before the bird gracefully opened large wings and flew away.  It was a cool sight, considering these majestic birds are often hard to sight at a waters edge where one knows they live.   
I spotted this Blue Heron while fishing with Dad earlier in the summer. I thank God for eyes to see Him... in His Word and creation... before I begin my schedule for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment