Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Vacation Has Begun

Driving with my parents to the airport in rush-hour traffic was a somewhat stressful venture.  We were all advising each other on which route would be the best to take and I think we took all the slowest routes possible.  I arrived just in time to check-in my bag, pass through customs, go through security, and stand in a short line to board the plane.  9:10 am departure from Toronto.  Arrived at 11:30 am in Los Angeles, CA.
An old friend picked me up at the airport... he arrived at the terminal just as I stepped out of baggage claim... great timing!!  We drove over to Seal Beach and went to eat Mexican food.  I had my favourite - a pork chimichanga.  A walk along the pier finally made me realize that I was on vacation - people were tanning on the beach and young guys were surfing.  A pelican dove in for his lunch and mussels clung to the posts.  A gorgeously warm day in sunny California.

Then it was off to the Wayfarers Chapel on Palos Verdes Drive.  A gorgeous coastal view brought us to this glass chapel, built with tall redwoods surrounding the sanctuary.  Humming birds fluttered amidst the Mexican sage... a bright purple flower. 
I love California - the palm trees, the colourful architecture, the warm weather, the city life!!

Now I am at Trinity CRC in Artesia... I'm preparing to share about Uganda with the youth group before jetting back to the airport to catch my next flight at midnight to Australia.

Having a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment