Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, October 16, 2010

I'm Feelin' It!

Snuggling under my huge duvet, trying to sleep in within a super dark room, I start to get antsy, knowing that extra zzzz's are not a possibility today.  My mind is running with so many thoughts, that I feel the need to jump out of bed and share some of those thoughts with you - my friends around the world.  Upon opening my bedroom door, I realize that the sun is intensely shining down and now I know why I feel so good today.  (Well, and the fact that I serve a faithful and loving God!!)
  • Mom and Dad are off to the Ride for Refuge bike-a-thon today.  I am so proud of Mom as she raised more than twice the amount of money she thought she would... and all the money goes to Team Beyond in Uganda.  That means the orphans, former child soldiers, and other vulnerable people will be receiving help from some people in the Newmarket area, who pulled together to support my Mom.  Dad went with to cheer for Mom as she bikes 25 km.
  • My bedroom is starting to collect items to take with me to New Zealand in a few weeks.  I am heading over to Auckland for a much needed and deserved vacation.  The tickets and travel insurance brochures are on my desk, along with some real Canadian Maple Syrup to take to my dear friends who I will be going to visit.  A trip to the library is rewarded with three travel books about New Zealand and one for Australia - since I have 11 hours in Brisbane to explore.
  • Just outside my bedroom door is the rec room in my parents house.  There is an extra table down there which I have taken over - with piles and piles of cards.  I love writing cards... whether for people at church, friends on my verjaardag calendar, or Christmas cards for (what seems like) everyone I know.  Yesterday I sent out my first package of Christmas cards to Uganda, hoping that it will make it in time for Christmas.  :)
  • I have a feeling that I will be heading back to Africa soon.  I am once again communicating with my team-mates, church, and the mission agency to bring it all together... since I can't stop thinking about all the ministry that is needed to be done there... and how much I felt at home there, I can no longer stay home in Canada.  I hear more and more the clarity from God to go back and serve His people in East Africa.
  • And my last thought for today is how blessed I am to have such amazing friends, whether nearby or far away.  I am always grateful for phone calls - one came from Uganda this week - from Moses who was excited to share with me what God is continuing to do with the children's ministry in Soroti.  Another came from a precious friend in whose wedding I will be a bridesmaid in just 6 weeks time.  I love hugs, as a simple greeting, or after a long heart-to-heart.  And when it can all be tied together with music, it's perfect.  I would love for you to listen to a song that my Aruban friend "Curt Fortin" wrote, played, and sang.  I met him in the Netherlands, and after 10 years, I can still call him "My Friend!"  Take a listen by clicking on this highlighted word "MY FRIEND". 
  • May you feel sunny moments today too and feel free to share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment