Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Election Humour

Wiping the sauce off my cheeks, after eating juicy spare ribs, I walk to the front door.  The door bell had chimed, announcing a visitor.  Turning on the porch light, and opening the door, I spot a lady half way to the next house already.  She quickly switched directions and stepped up on to our porch, handing me an election brochure.  A candidate for mayor.
"Are you the home owner?" she asks.
"No, this house belongs to my parents, but I do live here." I could tell she was campaigning, and I too need to know who is running in the present election.
"Oh, so you are voting then."
"Yes, I am, although I don't have a voters card yet."  Somehow the local government hasn't been able to track me down.
"So, this is your first election? You are nineteen right?  Are you eligible to vote?" 
I chuckle softly.  "Yes, I'm 34, I've voted a few times."
With a look of apologetic embarrassment, she recovers by saying, "Wow, you have that eternal youth look.  Way to go!"... and then she proceeded to tell me what the mayoral candidate stood for.
A few moments later I closed the door, walked back to the kitchen table and had a good laugh with Mom and Dad.  How did I go from being a home owner, to just being of eligible age to vote?  Ha Ha!!  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment