Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Blessings in the Moment

Everyone needs to be occasionally reminded to count their blessings, so here's my list for today:

1. For the gift of new life. Yesterday I was able to hold a newborn baby, and I simply marvelled at how intricately the Lord has created us.

2. I'm grateful for quality family time. Whether it is hanging out at home, with my parents and youngest brother, or traveling far to be with my other brothers and their wives, I love it all.

Alysha, Dennis, Me, Brian, Melinda Sneaking in on a super fun moment!

Uncle John took me for a ride in his home-made Model T. I felt rather victorian when I was stepping out of the car in my African dress. He was proud to putt around at a gorgeous golf course as the Benjamins clan gathered for the wedding of his son Michael.
Meanwhile, I liked to "putt" around on the practise green before the reception started.

3. Recently, on one of the rare Sundays that I don't work, our new neighbour lady took us out for a delicious chinese meal. A truly cultural experience at the Dragon Dynasty. For anyone in the Scarborough region, I recommend trying the delicious food.

4. The opportunity to hang out with former college friends and missions team-mates. The Lord has truly blessed me with incredible friends.

5. Work continues to remind me that I should celebrate the gifts of speech, clear communication, movement, and independence.

6. It's a pretty cool feeling when a man picks up my dinner tab by surprise.

7. I love my new haircut. I've even received compliments that I look as young as 18 (actually, I'm not sure how I feel about that). And today a lovely friend mentioned that my eyes match the beauty in my heart. It's good to hear those words, but also a good reminder of how both our words and actions need to be honest testimonies that glorify God.

What are you thankful for today?





No comments:

Post a Comment