Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, August 16, 2010

Grasping the Light

Sunday night: An orange, pink, dark grey ambience filled with lightening all decorated the sky as I quickly made my way home from Hamilton. Flowing with the traffic on the 400, my friend Sarah and I were in awe of the Lord's creativity. I couldn't stop to take a pic of the sunset, but it was phenomenal. The cloud surrounding the glowing orange ball of a sun was super dark, but adorned by an orange lining and shaped like two crab claws trying to grab the sun.
When I got home I was able to take a few shots in the dark because the lightening was flashing through the clouds.
Saturday: It was high time for me to head out of town and take a break, so off to the Royal Botanical Gardens it was. With a picnic lunch and an adventurous attitude we hiked some trails and smelled the flowers. I must admit that I probably push friends or traveling companions to go where they may not wish to normally go. We tried to find 7 gnomes in a hedge maze and marvelled at the art of bonsai.
With our feet covered in blisters, a decision is made to head to our hotel for the night. Opening the door to room 707 we get a little giddy at the Crown Plaza. Each queen sized bed has 7 pillows and we dive right in! Wanting to, but not jumping on the bed, we were hugging each cushion instead and wondering what would happen to the pillows at sleepy time. Swimming in the pool and then strolling down King Street in the heart of downtown Hamilton led us to dinner at a Chinese Restaurant.
Sunday morning, we found our way up the mountain escarpment to attend Immanuel CRC. We listened to a "fitting" sermon entitled "Being Single". Psalm 37 :1-6 sneaks its way back into our theme of the weekend and Pastor Henry shares about committing our ways to God, and giving HIM our undivided attention.
Later in the afternoon, it was off to my brother's house for Jacob's 4th birthday party. I am proud of our latest family portrait.
But now I am back at home, trying to find the light amidst the unknown. I pray that God will always be the Light on my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment