Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, June 12, 2010

Watoto

Last night I had the privilege of hearing the Watoto African Children's Choir. These children are all orphans due to HIV Aids, and are now touring the world, singing, to raise money for the Ugandan orphanages they stay in. I had seen them before in concert, but what I didn't expect this time was that a choking sensation would grab my throat the second I walked into the sanctuary and that tears would flow when the kids, in full colour, would start dancing and worshiping God.
Thankfully the tears soon went away so that I could enjoy the moment instead of miss the past. And I began to dance in my seat. It was strange to see a crowd of people listening to such active and alive music remain so calm in their seat. I rocked in my chair, rotating my shoulders, bopping to the left and the right, tapping my feet, and waving my hands.
I also began to feel grateful for my life. Lately I have noticed that many people around me are walking through different stages in their lives. Two 25th wedding anniversaries, two wedding showers, one wedding, one 50th anniversary, nine Professions of Faith, one miscarriage, and three friends with a parent passing away. Most of these are planned events, but in all of them, it is a reminder to trust in God and follow His leading.
I think the tears of last night confirmed that God wants me back in Africa. I friend reminded me the other day that I can't always dream of Africa, that eventually I need to wake up and get on with my day. :) So, since I feel the Lord is still leading my back to East Africa, I am gearing to go back in October, for a couple of weeks anyways and to encourage my friends there. Once there I will continue to pray that I understand the Lord's clear direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment