Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Thursday, May 6, 2010

Heart and Hands

"I pledge:

My head to clearer thinking,

My heart to greater loyalty,

My hands to larger service,

My health to better living,

For my club, my community, and my country."

For 7 years I repeated this motto as I attended 4H Club meetings. Honestly, I think it became more than a motto, but a lifestyle; especially for my heart and hands. For some reason I jump into projects, assignments, work, with all that I am. I do it because I care. I do it to please God. I do it for the sense of adventure.

"Calvinettes and Counselors of Lucknow, what does the Lord require of you?

To do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with our God. Micah 6:8"

This was another motto impressed upon my memory as I attended a girls club at church for many years as a tween.

I am grateful to be a human that can serve God. I am a woman with ability, personality, intellect, and I enjoy being a part of the community with others. The other day I went to a retreat where I was challenged to think about why I work. What is the difference between a job and work? God commanded work before the fall, so I know it is not good to be idle, but it is sometimes difficult to strive to do more than just look forward to the pay cheque at the end of the week.

I pray that the work that I do, either volunteer or paid, is glorifying to God. "May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing and acceptable to God."

No comments:

Post a Comment