Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, February 5, 2010

Livin' it Up in Grand Rapids

Sitting on the floor, watching one of the latest dramas on tv and chatting with my cool cousin helped to pass the time quickly as the two of us worked diligently to take out my African extension braids. I was rather sad about the whole process... (sometimes I felt like it was my last piece of Kenya / Uganda left, but I know that's not true and I really needed to scratch my head.) But with a salon treatment planned for the next day, I knew I could do it.
Judy and I both went to the Salon / Spa today and got our hair cut and styled and our nails painted. Wow, that's a treatment I have never gotten before and it was rather fun. We looked like sophisticated ladies, but giggled our heads of like precious little school girls.

I'm grateful for the fresh cut!! Too bad it won't look like that tomorrow when I wake up. I wish I were better at doing my hair. NOT!
Judy and I have spent some time doing a 1000 piece puzzle so that I could remember Africa while being stuck inside on a cold winter's day.

Somehow, Bones, my teddy bear still manages to travel. He romped on the pond with Emma and Abigail and thought the air was refreshing. Did I mention that Bones and I are in Grand Rapids, MI, staying with my cousin for a while and catching up with old friends in the area?!
But Bones too secretly wishes to be mailed back to Africa to catch some heat waves.

1 comment:

  1. Your haircut is so cute! I can't wait to see you Karebear!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete