Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, February 3, 2010

African treats

Precious Abby is in nursery school. Her class has a traveling elephant named Tembo and it was Abby's turn to host him at home. Tembo comes from Africa, so we decided to make him some Mandazi (African donuts) to share with the class. So on Monday afternoon, Abby sported her apron, and I pulled back my braids for a baking / frying session. So fun!
On Tuesday afternoon I went to Abby's class with my teddy bear, Bones, and some of my pictures from Africa, and on a rather spontaneous note, I was given a half hour to entertain 18 preschoolers. To teach them about Uganda, share our yummy snack, and sing songs with them.
I only have two more days with the braids and then my last piece of Africa is leaving me. :( My tan has already disappeared and the memories seem more distant every day. Thankfully I have some wonderful pictures and I also have terrific friends who keep asking me questions to make me relive the time I had there. Dreaming of returning.


No comments:

Post a Comment