Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chillin' in Chuka

Don't worry friends and family.... I may be quieter than normal, but I am still as alive as ever. I just happen to be living in a village home right now that has no electricity. And on the days when I have been able to walk to town there has been no internet due to the holidays. But, all in all, I am doing great and once again enjoying meeting new friends and having incredible discussions about life, God, baptism, and more.

On Tuesday morning I hope to travel down to Nairobi to spend two nights there before I fly out. I just found out this morning that the matatus (taxis) are going on a three day strike, so I am not sure how I will get down country. The buses are loaded because every student is trying to get back to school. I am now looking in to a private hire car and hoping that everything works out. I once again took it for granted, that back home there is an excess of cars, internet, restaurants, telephones, smooth roads, and electricity. I am excited about coming home and sleeping in a cozy room behind a fire place at my parents for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Karen:
    I hope and pray that God will bless you in 2010 and make clear where He wants you to serve.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete