Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tender Spots

I have just added a new photo... here the ladies are knitting with at least three colours each in their buckets.
Twice this week I have gone to visit the blind at SACAB (Soroti Agriculture and Craft Association for the Blind) and I have been completely blessed by visiting them. On the first visit they gave me a pair of knitting needles because I wanted to make a few samples of crafts for them. Well, two days ago I picked up these needles and now I have a nice blister on my pointer finger. These thin needles have a sharper tip than the blunt fat needles I use at home for my prayer bears. And it's been 9 months since I have knit anything. So my finger is a little tender.
Then on Tuesday I went back to continue reading from the Max Lucado book and to check out their progress on knitted purses. After two chapters, my voice was a little tender but it was totally worth it. You see, five of them sat on the floor, (sorry for the older picture, because these women were knitting yesturday), knitting and listening intently. I started reading a chapter called "The Touch of God" and it described how the leper was healed by Jesus. Jesus didn't just say "you are healed", he also touched the leper. Wow!! As I was reading a fictional paragraph about the leper walking down the street, hearing people call out "Unclean! Unclean!" while pointing at him, the blind started saying, "Hey, that happens to us. When people pass by, they say, hey, this blind man is worthless. Nothing. Helpless." And then they clapped and smiled as they thought about how much Jesus loves them. It was absolutely precious to be there at that moment. To encourage the work of their hands and to pray with them. How Awesome is our God.



No comments:

Post a Comment