Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Princess Palace

This evening I strolled across the street to visit the princesses on their turf. Fourteen young ladies are coming over to my house every Monday night for Bible study and occasionally they come over at other times to say hello, or to study in the quiet corners of my home. These ladies are living at Mill Hill Girl Child Shelter... and there are 68 of them on a small compound.
Here is a copy of a shirt that they wear. Uniforms are big in Uganda.
I was invited to stay for posho (white cornmeal) and beans.
The cook was so excited to have my drop by the kitchen.
Then the girls took me on a tour of their living quarters. For some it is 12 beds in a room. There are four triple decker bunks in a room, with mosquito netting covering everything.
This young lady was sick, so she wanted to stay in bed. As you can see, the girls have to carry their own water jugs, and some of them even sleep with their suitcases because there is no other room.
But these girls are happy to be boarding here, knowing that it gives them a chance to complete Secondary school, because their village homes are too far away.
The girls asked if I would ever want to spend the night with them at the hostel, and yes, I would. I plan to stay mid-November. I think it would be a blast. I would love to sleep in a room full of princesses and they promised me that I wouldn't have to share a bed with any of them. :) Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment