Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Please sir, will you be my Shepherd?"

"And let us consider how we cay spur one another on toward love and good deeds." Hebrews 10:24 was the theme of our latest team meeting. It was really encouraging to share and pray together with my team-mates and to once again be reminded that the Lord is the Almighty Shepherd of all of Soroti.

Sarah and I biked home from the meeting and we stopped to chat outside her gate. Children in the background were yelling, "Auntie Karen, give us sweets!" and I was trying hard to ignore them without getting angry. A few minutes into our conversation a trio of secondary students strolled by. Two men and a young lady. They seemed to be minding their own business. Then along the road, bleating angrily, came a male sheep. He started eyeing the students and slowly chasing them. Then he sped up and confronted the group. The young lady played the role of a typical young girl who is in flirty love. She kept holding one of the guys hands and using him as a shield. The other young man stepped aside maybe 8 feet and the sheep stopped and stared at him. Sarah and I were laughing our heads off at this point. Anybody who was out on the road was watching this scene. The sheep was stubborn, determined, and obviously had a reason for picking on this one young man.

How often do I, as one of God's sheep, forget who my Shepherd is and just chase the closest thing that has caught my attention? "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep." John 14-15. I pray that I will always listen to my Heavenly Father's voice!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! What a great reminder of the Great Shepherd!

    Keep livin' it up darling...

    Love,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete