Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, October 19, 2009

MY OM

On Saturday night, the Indians in town were having a New Year's celebration. I didn't realize that their calendar was completely different than mine, but it is. At 8pm the Shaardas and I pulled up in front of OM Supermarket to visit our friends there before heading to the temple for fireworks. It was a wonderful visit... as we sat around talking about what the celebrations meant. And Josh was able to share a little bit about what Jesus means to us. I continue to pray for the truth of Christ to be grasped in their lives!
All of us girls wore our Indian outfits. I brought Lydia and Grace outfits when I went to India in June. They look adorable.
As we were sitting around, the owner of OM told us that he was opening up a second supermarket in town by the end of next week and he is trying to come up with a short name for it. He likes how short OM is, but he doesn't like how the Ugandans pronounce it. Ugandans say O.M. when really it is OM the name of their prayers. Anyways, I came up with MY Supermarket and he loved it. I am curious to see if it will be painted on the storefront next week or not.

Around 9 pm we went to the temple. The Shaardas stayed in their van because the girls are afraid of the sounds and smoke, but I made my way into the crowd. I must admit I was nervous, since little rockets and sparklers were being lit in every direction. Occasionally I would get hit with flying paper, but for the most part it was thrilling.
It was a short program, because it was drizzling, and about to rain harder. So by 10 pm we were all home again.



No comments:

Post a Comment