Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Thursday, October 15, 2009

Coffee Break

The season is slowly changing here from wet to dry season. Apparently it is getting hotter, but I don't feel that. But I did wake up with the sneezes and the sniffles. So I have put on a big pot of African tea and will soon catch up on my journal before heading over to the Shaarda's to teach Lydia. Now days, 6 year old Lydia is "ROCKIN!" through her studies and she is such a joy to tutor. One day her math rational was very good and I said, "Lydia, you are so smart. Brilliant really." And she responded, "Aunt Karen, you have to be if you want to be in school." :)
Last evening I was able to catch up with my Coffee Break Bible study group in Newmarket, Ontario. Praise God, the internet worked for a whole hour and a half. I met with all the ladies as they met upstairs for opening devotions and then the computer toured its way to the basement of the church, where I met great friends and sat in on my old Bible study group. Okay, I was a little jealous of the Tim Horton's coffee cups and the dutch treats, but I was totally blessed to sit in with the small group of ladies and talk about Paul's missionary journeys. The Spirit of the Lord sure does move in wonderful yet mysterious ways.
I'm thinking today is going to be another full day... with teaching, visiting friends, running the Resource centre, reading to my friends at SACAB, and attending Josiah's birthday party. Hopefully my toothache won't act up again and that I won't have to carry too many tissues with me. Here's to a new weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment