Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, September 14, 2009

I wish it were a Manic Monday

I believe everyone suffers from this... some days you have triple booked your schedule, and other days you wish you could fill your calendar just a little more. I have had a half and half day. This morning I woke up at 7 am and caught up on emails. I biked to school to start teaching for 9 am. Lydia rocked today... she was so excited to learn about the hundred's, ten's, and one's places!! And she has finished yet another reading workbook. I can get just as excited as her, because she loves learning so much. It makes teaching easy.
At noon I biked home to see my house helper still hard at work. Thankfully the kitchen cupboards were being cleaned because the ant and cockroach residue was getting a little out of hand. Then two of my friends from the Fida office spontaneously dropped by. Hellen and Christina were needing a lunch break and I happened to have some extra buns and tea on hand. I love spur of the moment guests.
I spent another two and a half hours in the Resource Centre, continuing to rearrange books and place each one in some sort of categorical and alphabetical order. I didn't think it would take this long, but it's kind of fun. Two neighbour ladies came in to read while I was organizing, so it made my time more fruitful.
I went home to collect two eggs from the chicken coop. I then biked to town to check an empty post office box and continued on my way to a place where the cutest orphans are being looked after. I cheered for a three year old's game of soccer and watched young men and ladies create art out of seeds.
And then my quiet evening began again. I tried to organize electricity bills (somehow it suggests that I am about to be cut off, when I know that extra moneys has been paid in advance). I reviewed the Bible study material for my princesses to come over, but then the rains poured and the girls were too disorganized to come. Hopefully our new semester of studies will begin next week. So now I am watching a few Rob Bell mini sermonettes, reading a novel, and catching up on a few letters.
Hmmm, sounds like I did a lot today! Then why did I feel a little bored?

No comments:

Post a Comment