Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, August 24, 2009

PCU Retreat

Wow, I spent three whole days in Kampala attending a spiritual retreat with the Pentecostal Churches of Uganda. The speakers were really good, the singing was fun because it contained a lot of drama and dancing, and the praying was a cultural stretch for me. Services went from 5 am til 10 pm - with around 300 people in attendance.
Here is Pastor Michael... carrying his belongings to Canaan... we often sang about how we walked with God.
Here is some more of the group, on the road with God... not only were chairs placed over the heads, but also water bottles, Bibles, purses, and books.
And here we are marching in the Lord's army.
Quite often I would see or participate in prayer marches. You find a partner and hand in hand you pray and pace together, for the nation, for the church, and for eachother.
The biggest culture shock for me was spending over 10 minutes commanding Satan to get out of our lives. The whole crowd was yelling at the top of their lungs, repeating every word that the speaker said. "Satan, in the name of Jesus, I command you to get out of my finances, marriage, body, church, etc" and with actions the crowd would capture him, bind him, and step on him, and throw him out. My friend Israel was standing beside me during this time of ??? and he said, "Karen, you aren't capturing!" I just didn't know what to say or do at the time... I was just out of my comfort zone for a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment