Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, July 24, 2009

Peace talks

Two weeks ago I led worship around a bonfire at our house. The theme of the one hour worship and prayer time was peace. Every other Saturday night we as an International Teams team try to get together for this special hour of worship and we also invite some of our neighbours and friends. Well, Herbert came up to me after and he thanked me for leading and then he said, "And on Tuesday I will pick you up at 9am to lead our fellowship... you will preach for an hour on peace." Yikes, I am not a preacher. And for praise and worship I had quickly pulled a few verses about peace out of a quick reference book. I talked with Herbert, and due to my schedule, it was arranged for two weeks later.

Thursday I spent five hours in the resource centre, researching, planning, writing, and praying. I was so unpeaceful about talking about peace. But finally by the end of the day I was ready to lead this group of who knows who. Herbert called at 8pm and said there was to be a change of plans... instead of 9am it would be 2pm. Okay, I'm flexible.

So on Friday I reviewed my notes and at 2pm was ready to go, but Herbert was no where to be seen and there was no connection with his cell phone. I waited until 3:15 when he finally showed up. We biked to his neighbourhood and stopped at a house where a group of people were worshipping. I stepped into this tiny room, maybe 9x12 feet, and joined in the singing. 24 people had gathered and after an hour they introduced me and I began to talk.

Peacefully I was able to share a few testimonies of God's peace in my life, how perfect peace was broken in the Garden of Eden, how Jesus is the Prince of peace, and for about a half an hour we looked up verses - in both English and Ateso. Each verse shared a different way to have, find, or make peace and by the end of the hour all the participants shared that they had really learned something. I was grateful to be once again stretched out of my comfort zone.

May the grace and peace of God the Father be yours today!

No comments:

Post a Comment