Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, July 10, 2009

Child to Child Gift Boxes

This morning I was on my way out the gate, to bike to the Shaarda's in order to tutor Lydia, when Pastor George stopped me. He wanted to know if I was busy this morning because he wanted me to go out to the village with him to deliver boxes to the children.
I called the Shaarda's and we decided that I could tutor Lydia in the afternoon instead. So, five of us drove about 25 minutes out of town to go to a small nursery school with 75 students.
Some churches in the Netherlands had put together shoeboxes for the kids - with soap, shampoo, toothpaste, school supplies, and toys.

I was excited about handing out the gifts and being on the receiving end since I have helped put together "Kits 4 Kits" back home at Bethel CRC.
The delight on the children's face was so precious.
I even had to teach a few kids how to play dominoes or swing a yo-yo.
And of course... I hold the babies whenever possible. They are so cute... and this one smelled delicious. All I wanted to do was kiss little Joseph!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Some great shots here Karen!! What a fun experience!

    ReplyDelete