Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, July 28, 2009

33 and an Empty Nester

Lately I have felt like a mother hen. I have been busy cooking meals and running a household since May 29th when my first summer guests started to arrive from America. It has been a blessing looking after these precious children of God who have come to Uganda to see if that is where God is calling them, or to offer encouragement to the team that is here. I have loved being a hostess! This morning at 7 am the last group pulled out of the gate and now the compound is quiet.

Yesturday Tim came into the house carrying a nest with babies in it. The bird's nest did not contain birds though - but maybe 7 baby rats. Brand new, pale, hairless pink skin, and blind. Disgustingly cute. I don't know what he did with the rats, but I told him to take them to Lydia's 6th birthday tea party. :)

But just like that bird's nest, I pray that my home will not always be empty. As a matter of fact I have two friends coming to spend the night already. Girls night out while the rest of the team goes down country. I have a feeling that life will be much quieter for me though, but I do know that there will be some guests coming throughout the fall.

I have not taken any pictures recently because I have lent out my camera to my neighbours and good friends, Denis and Stella. They had a precious baby girl born earlier this week. Esther was 2.5 kg and she came home just hours after the delivery. I was there for her first bath and once again I am thankful for the medical system back home. Esther and Stella are doing great and at least once a day I go over to visit this precious newborn.

Well, I had better clean the house before my dinner, movie, and bonfire night tonight. I also have a lot of neighbours to visit, and a post office to bike to. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment