Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, May 18, 2009

Switching Activities

This morning I woke up and wondered how I would completely fill my day, but I should have known the Lord had it all laid out. (My students are in Kampala for a few days, so I had to come up with a plan B.) Angie came over at 9 am and asked if I wanted to go to the village and meet Moses' family. Who would want to turn down a morning like that? I went with and met many relatives of my precious neighbour and friend - little Moses.

Here is Moses, standing beside the grave of his mother... whose name was also Angela. Moses really has no idea who all the relatives are. To him they are just strange people who want to hold him, but for the family, they are delighted to see Moses so healthy and growing so big.



We got home at 12:30 and some friends were standing just outside my gate. They informed me that my friend Hellen was in the hospital. So I immediately got on my bike and rode to town with my other friend, Moses. (Lots of Moses' here!) We found her on the second floor and when we opened the door we saw that she was sleeping. But her mother woke her up and immediately her face brightened. She wanted a big hug from me. Hellen was suffering from Malaria and was hooked to an IV. We chatted for an hour and I was able to pray with her. Hellen hoped to go home by the end of the day, but she didn't look good in my opinion. But I think home might be better than the hospital. I definitely hope I will never have to stay there.


From there I went to my friend Dina's house. She wants to be a hairdresser, so she practised on my Muzungu hair. She said it was very slippery. :)


When I got home I heard music playing across the street. Avalien wanted to know if I would go out and dance with her. Well, I never pass up an opportunity to dance, so we joined the neighbour kids in a choreographed song. It was really beautiful... "on the other side, God will wipe our tears away." We danced until the winds started blowing and the rains came tumbling down.


When I went back home, there was a local pastor waiting at my door. He wanted to see how I was doing and was wondering if I am interested in doing more children's ministry. I will let you know if anything more comes out of our talks.
And thus was the end to another fun, insightful, relationship building day.

1 comment:

  1. Karen wishing you God's continued blessing as you work with the children in Uganda.

    ReplyDelete