Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Trauma Workshop

While driving from Nairobi, Kenya to Soroti, Uganda I kept seeing these beautiful polar bear skins. And then, when I really thought about it - I realized that they were sheep skin. Ha Ha.

I have finally found an internet connection in Uganda. I arrived 9 days ago in the country and have been settling in to my home in Soroti. Yesturday I travelled with 7 others to Kampala... about 5 hours south to attend a two day workshop on trauma counselling. The information and attendees have been incredible. We are learning about how to effectively communicate, reach out, and counsel children who have been traumatized here in Uganda. There are 26 people at the conference and the stories often leave my arms with goosebumps.


One man is sharing how he was abducted by the Lord's Resistance Army, but how he was able to escape and now how he is ministering to children who have been through the same experience. Another lady is mentoring rape victims and teaching them vocations so that they will be able to provide a way to support themselves, since they are considered cast out in their community. Many people are sharing incredible testimonies of the Lord's goodness and of how joyful it is to worship the Lord.

I just can't begin to describe all of the things I have seen or the people I have met in my new home. I really hope to make a difference here. To God be the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment